Re: Left and right sides of a car...

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Jack Burgess wrote:
Tony Thompson wrote:
As with any freight car, Mike, stand at the B end and look
toward the car. The left side is on your left.

while.....
Larry Jackman wrote:
You stand and face the B end of the car. The side to your right is
the Right side and to your left is the left side.

You can see why people get confused....<g>
Larry's and my statement sure look alike to me. But there is a potential problem with Larry's: you have to stand AT the B end, facing the B end. Otherwise I guess you could "stand and face the B end" from the side.

Publishers of books on railroad history