ORER questions

cvsne <mjmcguirk@...>

Just back from the Central Vermont Ry convention where a good time
was held by all (or at least me, everyone else seems to have had a
good time . . .)

I have a couple of questions that I would like to pose for anyone
here who can answer --

1. Did the New London Northern (which eventually became part of the
CV) have a listing in an early (very) edition of the ORER???? It may
have missed it, and the NLN cars may have ended up listed with the
CV -- but we're looking to confirm some numbers of cars, and see if
any cars that ended up on the CV roster came from the NLN.

2. Around 1912-1925 was the "Southern New England" Railway listed in
the ORER -- apparently some locomotives were ordered for the
railroad, just curious if any cars were ever listed, or if the road
name itself was included.

If the answer to either of the above is "yes" I'll order the
appropriate ORER from Westerfield -- just wondering if this will
prove a dead end.

One neat artifact on display this weekend was a complete set of hand
drawn maps showing, in detail, the route of the SNE from Palmer Mass
to Providence RI -- very cool. Most interesting was the clearly
labeled "C&O RR Coal Pier" to be built in Providence -- indication is
there would have likely been some SNE hoppers to haul the coal inland
from there.

Marty McGuirk