Re: Couplers, Coupler Pockets, The NMRA, and Scale Size

SamClarke

Hello Pat Wider, and others,

I've been follow this thread, quite an interesting discussion.

To clarify a couple of items: First, the color of the #58 coupler
packaging was changed from pinkish red to black to accommodate the need for
a readable bar code not to distinguish the change in the "gap" of the
knuckle. That's why the #78 package is the same for both the knuckle with
the gap and the one without, it came out after we bar coded the packaging.

The price of the #78 has nothing to with the gap. Last October we had an
across the board price increase on all of our products, the first in a very
very long time. Just like every business in the world we still need to make
a profit (perhaps a small one) and with the costs of everything going up it
continues to be a daily challenge.

Sam Clarke
Kadee Quality Products