Re: Sergent Couplers

ljack70117@...

That also brings to friction bearing and solid bearing. The book is one thing and what the men in the field calls them are two different things. Originally the bar or link from the link and pin was called a draw bar. when the automatics came in they still called them drawbars. Same with an Ice box and refrigerator. My folks always had an Ice box even if it ran on electricity.
On Oct 7, 2005, at 7:37 PM, Thomas M. Olsen wrote:

Larry,

Drawbar was also the term used on the PRR/PC/CR?AMT when I was working
and as far as I know, that is the term that is still used.
Occasionally, you also heard "drawhead," but not often, although the
official rulebook term was coupler.

Tom Olsen
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479
Thank you
Larry Jackman
ljack70117@adelphia.net
The 50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is 90% probability you'll get it wrong.