From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of bierglaeser
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 10:27 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Freight car types

I have a number of ORERs between 1923 and 1960 (actually as late as
1994 but I can't say that here) and would be happy to scan
and send the list of freight and/or passenger car M.C.B.
mechanical designations.

It should be pointed out that the definitions of some
designations changed over time and sometimes the designation
changed but the definition remained the same.

RM in 1936 was a reefer with meat rails. In 1952 the same
reefer was an RSM. GMA and GK gondolas used to be separate
mechanical designations but are now lumped together with GB gondolas.

Requests should specifiy a year or range of years.

Gene Green

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Wider" <pwider@s...> wrote:

There's a nice list towards the back of any ORER. If someone would
scan it.......

Pat Wider

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Schuyler Larrabee"
<schuyler.larrabee@v...> wrote:

I did some hunting with Google, but isn't there a listing
somewhere on-line of the
various car type
designations, and their meanings?

Like
XM
RB
RBL
HW

Etc., etc.

I'd like to put some guys on another list out of their misery.

TIA.

SGL