From: Patrick Wider
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 2:08 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Couplers, Coupler Pockets, and Trucks

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "S. Busch" <SCSBusch@W...> wrote:

> When I cut my teeth in model railroading, American Flyer had chrome plated
> journal boxes on sheet steel sideframe trucks.

My first experience was with nickel-plated rails - three of them with 27" diameter curves.

The first time I ever saw
> real looking truck they were HO sprung Varneys or Athearns or something.

Me too!

> I have never quite recovered, and still prefer real springs.

I'd prefer real prototype springs but I don't think they'd fit plus they'd collapse my
benchwork. (-:}

Pat Wider

Travel insurance usa Travel medical insurance Csa travel insurance