Re: 1949 NKP Movements

Tim Gilbert <tgilbert@...>

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 19:37:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jim Pickett <jimpick2001@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 1949 NKP Car Movements

This is exactly the sort of data I would like to find on industries local to this area (C&O/West Virginia). Where could it be obtained? Where did you get your info? I haven't followed this thread as I don't model the NKP. I should have done so.

Jim Pickett
Jim,

Bill Darnaby was fortunate enough to find the for the outbound cars at
the Swift Plant in Frankfort IN, and we are very fortunate in that Bill
has chosen to share this information with the STMFC. You will be very
lucky indeed if you would ever find similar such data for an industry on
your C&O. You may find some aspects of the utilization of freight cars
of Swift's Frankfort operation which may be similar to your West
Virginian operations, but these would be related to box cars and tank
cars only because the NKP movements include only those car types.

Tim Gilbert