From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Re: Couplers, Coupler Pockets, The NMRA, and
ScaleSize

Denny-
You wrote.....
Charlie Vlk comments that the MK5 Kadee model defines the market.
Understand that I am all for thinking "outside of the box:" and promoting
improved standards.
But manufacturers have to field product that meets the greater
marketplace.
STMFC is an important, significant viewpoint and a factor to be
considered,
but Kadee cars are
outsold by Athearn MDC by a signficant order or magnitude or more.... so
scale draft gear and
couplers have a lot of installed base and less-than-STMFC level material
overcome in the
greater marketplace.
The jury is out if such scale coupler gear would be commercially viable on
Atlas/Walthers/Athearn
type equipment.
Charlie Vlk
Railroad Model Resources