Re: injection molding tooling costs/Terry Wegman

buchwaldfam <duff@...>

So.... is it possible to get some manufacturer to produce a
model of a certain prototype by convincing him that you are tooling up
such a model yourself? In that case, I'm right in the middle of
tooling for a Milwaukee Road Rib Side caboose. Pre-oil furnace. ;>

Phil Buchwald

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, timboconnor@c... wrote:
Long ago and
far away an independent toolmaker had done wonderful tooling for a
PFE R-40-23 reefer but a vendor found out about it and rushed a kit
into production.... and that pretty much killed off that toolmaker's biz
from what I heard. (I may have left out few salient details.)