Re: Rivet Detail in HO

Bruce Smith

On Thu, October 13, 2005 9:12 pm, twinstarcars wrote:
Can someone please tell me how the great master
builders make those perfect rivets for box cars and Z bars on OSB box
cars?
OSB? Oriented strand board? <VBG> If you mean "outside braced" , many of
us prefer the more accurate term "single sheathed" (there, I beat Ben!).

As for rivets, a common source is to shave them off of Athearn 40 boxcar
shells and glue them on. I also use Tichy rivets. In both cases, you get
a much more defined edge to the head than any system that uses pressure
and distortion to create the rivet.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce Smith