Re: Van Dorn ends

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Richard Hendrickson wrote:
Come on, Thompson, get real. The SP had ONE B-50-4 with a Van Dorn end
which was almost certainly retired before or during World War II and
you want to model it to run on your layout? Not, of course, that I
want to deprive Al W. of a sale, but are you modeling the Southern
Pacific Coast Line ca. 1953 or becoming a freight car model collector?
The next thing we know, you'll be modeling N&W hopper cars.
Richard, Richard. Better cut back on the coffee <g>. Who said anything about running it on the layout? It's such a neat end, it will make a nice addition to my display case (a use you certainly understand for freight cars <bigger G>).

Publishers of books on railroad history