Re: Van Dorn ends

centga@...

The C of Ga had a series of cars with Van Dorn ends. I don't have my information with me at the moment but if anyone is interested I can dig it out. Todd Horton

-----Original Message-----
From: Westerfield <westerfield@charter.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:18:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Van Dorn ends

Fred - I've been working on a project to do a number of cars with Van Dorn ends.
They were used on at least 4 different cars circa 1912 but only one road used
them in any quantity - an IC 1-1/2 door auto car with, as I recall, 350 cars.
All others were minor experiments: 1 B-50-4 for SP, 25 XL for PRR and 1 MILW.
I'm hoping to have the XL by next May for the PRRT&HS annual meeting. - Al
Westerfield