From: Westerfield <westerfield@c...>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:18:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Van Dorn ends

Fred - I've been working on a project to do a number of cars with
Van Dorn ends.
They were used on at least 4 different cars circa 1912 but only
one road used
them in any quantity - an IC 1-1/2 door auto car with, as I
recall, 350 cars.
All others were minor experiments: 1 B-50-4 for SP, 25 XL for PRR
and 1 MILW.
I'm hoping to have the XL by next May for the PRRT&HS annual
meeting. - Al
Westerfield