From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Montford Switzer
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 9:15 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: HO retainer valves

Group and Denny,

Well, I hate to admit to faking it, but I do. I install either an .008
or .010 trainer line first securing the top in a small hole (usually
#78) drilled at about where the valve should be. I then cement the
valve so that the line appears to run into the bottom as intended.

I believe the PSC valves are made with a lug that you can push into a
small hole to make the attachment stronger. Testors for plastic to
plastic, ACC for other applications.

STEAM ERA FREIGHT CARS used retainer valves.

Mont Switzer