From: "Mike Brock" <brockm@brevard.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] URTX reefers (was: reefer pix)

Phil Buchwald writes:

Now, I purchased an Intermountain R-40-23 kit, lettered for URTX
and numbered 37193. I impulse bought it, assuming that it was
correctly lettered; my understanding was that Intermountain only did
prototype paint schemes.
Well....I hate to be the first one to tell you
this...but...uh...Intermountain is not ruled by prototypically correct paint
schemes. In fact, the R-40-23 is a very good model of...well...an
R-40-23...which was built for PFE in rather large numbers and is an
important car in the PFE fleet. NP had a much smaller number of clones of
the R-40-23. Other than that...

Mike Brock

Yahoo! Groups Links