Re: P2K 50' SSW 20000 - 20094 series decals

buchwaldfam <duff@...>

Rob,
First for the paint matching question: I didn't add the extra
rivets, but added the deep side sill with styrene. I don't know if you
want to weather your models, however that helped out with my models. I
couldn't find a good match for the factory paint, so I covered the
white areas with Floquil ATSF Mineral Brown. Then I weathered the
bottom edges of car with Floquil Mud to represent sand-grit. That
blended everything in.
As far as changing the numbers goes, you may just want to remove
the whole number and substitute all of the digits. Also, I got a four
pack of those cars, and wanted to repaint a couple of them. I don't
think that four SSW cars in a single train would work on a branch line
in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Anyway, I tried to strip the paint and the
P2k white lettering is tenacious! You may want to try sanding the
numbers off with 1000 grit or finer wet-or-dry.

Regards,
Phil Buchwald

--- In STMFC@..., Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@c...> wrote:

Rob, don't forget CDS Dry Transfers -- he did -5- different SSW
Blue Streak sets: 179, 180, 609, 610, 686. They range from 1941
to 1957. I'm sure you'll be wanting to measure those too! :-)

Tim O'Connor

Here is another way of expressing my question regarding the decals
that
might be used to model this series of 50' single door cars: does
anyone
have a set of the microscale 87-38 50' double door box car SSW
decal set?
Likewise the 87-219 assorted freight cars from the 70's SSW set?

Or how about the Champ SSW boxcar decal, SHS-216?

Or the Herald King Cotton Belt sets: B-570, B-571, B-572 or B-573

If so, and if the car numbers are in white, can you please measure the
height and width of the car number decals.

Rob Kirkham