Re: Coupler Gear Box

Arnold van Heyst

Before i buy the Accumate Proto gearboxes,
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to put the boxes underneath a
Red Caboose (X-29?) boxcar and use a Kadee # 58 in it?
Will the coupler have the appropriate height?

Regards,
Arnold
Netherlands.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Denny Anspach <danspach@m...> wrote:

The good Doctor Smith writes-

The distance between two cars is reffered to as the coupling
distance, and
thats another issue entirely <G>!!

It is indeed, and the only coupler combinations that can give you
this routinely are the Accumate Protos- which from my measurements
are drop-dead accurate in this regard. The use of #58s and #78s
require significantly greater coupling distances, although
slightly
less than the short shank #40s, and a lot less than the #5s.

I believe the exact measurements for all are in Files.

Denny

--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, California