Rivet size

PBowers <waiting@...>

Could any one tell me what the head size would be on rivets used on the side of cars? Would rivets on hoppers be bigger than those on box cars due to the load being directly against the outer steel? I don't have easy access to any rail cars except an old wood sheathed caboose and the frame rivets are about 1 1/8" on it.

Further to this, has any one used Tichy rivet heads? I would expect these are "rivets on a pin" that you drill a hole for. Any info on these would be appreciated!!

Peter Bowers