From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
Thomas M. Olsen
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:12 PM
To: Steam Freight Car List
Subject: [STMFC] RE: Tank Cars

List,

While we are on the subject of tank cars, I have a question about tank
car that needs some identity. Steamtown in Scranton has a two
compartment tank car lettered NATX 4750. A photo of this car appeared
in the October 2005 issue of the NMRA "ScaleRails on page 31. On what
appears to be the "B" end of the car, there is a capacity of 4577
gallons stenciled. On the sid it shows a Capacity of 80000 pounds, with

a Light Weight of 37800 pounds. The lettering and the North American
rectangular logo appears to be original as the car is in deplorable
condition and has not been restored. It also looks like it is equipped
with Barber spring-plankless solid bearing trucks. To prevent anyone
climbing on the car the National Park Service has plated over the
stirrup steps at all four corners.

Can anyone identify this car and know anything of it's history? My
ORER's only date back to 1949 and do not show this particular car number

in the North American listings.

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road, West Branch
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479