Re: Tank Cars

Thomas M. Olsen <tmolsen@...>

Eldon,

The car is riveted, has wooden running boards, and has the parallelogram with the name within on the side of the tank. As I do not have the capacity to make scans I can not at this time send you one. The tank also has a single long running board to service the tank domes. The photo is a 3/4 wedge shot taken from the end corner looking up so the built date is almost illegible, but appears ?? to be, perhaps, either 2-25 or 8-25!

Tom Olsen
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479

Gatwood, Elden wrote:

Tom;
I do not have access to that document, but is this a riveted, or welded
car? Does it have wooden or steel running boards? NATX had lots of
oddball cars, but two-compartment cars are rare, nonetheless.

It sounds like one of the Pennzoil cars they had for additives/specialty
refinery products. The decent load capacity with low liquid volume
makes one suspect it was a car for something very heavy, like auto gas
"lead", or other heavy industrial liquids.

Is the logo the parallelogram on the side of the tank, or the smaller
name?

Thanks,

Elden