Re: Placing rivets

Manfred Lorenz

This is what is written on that site:

NOTES FROM OUR TECH DEPARTMENT
This is a 5"x9" Template with Five Scales of Shapes and Rivet
Placement Lines.

FEATURES: Makes perfect panel lines, fuel caps, rivets, and other
shapes to create scale markings on your warbirds and other models.
Included rulers provide accurate measurements for five scales of
aircraft.

Ideal for use with the Top Flite Panel Line Pen.(TOPQ2510)

INCLUDES: One 5 x 9" Plastic Template

That is what I read and know. Thinking round fuselage I guess it
should be somewhat flexible. I just Google'd it, no personal
experience.

Manfred

--- In STMFC@..., timboconnor@c... wrote:

I see... so what is the template made of? It must be very flexible,
but also totally resistant to adhesives, and very very thin (.010?)
Is that true?

If so, I could tape down the template, and glue .010 styrene bits
in the holes. Then run an Xacto across the template, shaving the
"rivets" down to the thickness of the template. Then remove the
template and wash with Tenax per Andy Carlson's description,
to "melt" the tiny styrene cylinders into the shape of rivets.

Is that how you use it?

Tim O.

Tim,
The goal here is to space the rivet_s_ evenly. A common problem
with
airplanes and railroad equipment. Was that your question?