From: bierglaeser <bierglaeser@...>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 20:54:39 -0000
To: <STMFC@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Call for slides

I am working on the C&NW color guide for Morning Sun. I envision a
two-volume set with 250 to 350 images in each. In addition to the
freight and passenger cars, maintenance-of-way equipment and cabooses
of the C&NW and Omaha Road, the books will also include quite a nice
selection of images of M&StL, Litchfield & Madison, Des Moines &
Central Iowa and FtDDM&S freight cars and MOW equipment.

Coverage of plain old flat cars and wooden cabooses is lacking. Also
lacking are slides of CNW or CMO box cars with slogans such as "Route
of the Streamliners," etc.

If anyone has slides they would like to loan for the book please
contact me directly at bierglaeser@.... That is bierglaeser at
yahoo dot com.

Slides from the 1940s, 1950s and early 1960s are almost certain to be
used unless they are very poorly exposed or composed. Slides from
the 1970s and 1980s will be used only if they fill a real gap.
Slides from the 1990s are undesireable although a few will likely
appear in the book.

The Morning Sun "deal" is this; loan some slides that we use and get
a free copy of the book they are used in.

CAUTION: Your slide mounts will be opened and the film removed for
scanning. Sorry, but that's how Morning Sun does it nowadays. If
you don't want your slides opened, don't submit them. I understand.
Having my slides opened bothers me but having the images preserved
forever and available to all is more important to me.

Gene Green
Out in the West Texas Town of El Paso

Yahoo! Groups Links