Re: C&NW color guide for Morning Sun

Thomas Baker

In regard to color guides, well, a C&NW color guide would be invaluable. I have long wondered whether those who do such research have really uncovered all that is out there. I suppose that's an unanswerable question. Whether some early railfan photographer experimented with in the late Forties or early Fifties with color film, I can't say. I am convinced, however, that more in black and white is out there. It seems that Bob has a wealth of negatives. John Gruber purchased the Martarano collection, so I have heard, and Mr. Martarano once told me that he had many more negatives than he ever printed up. I noticed on one occasion that he had a repertoire of refrigerator car photos. All black and white of course, but at least they provide a guide.

Tom