From: Dennis Storzek
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:10 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Dalman trucks

--- In STMFC@..., "Brian Leppert" <b.leppert@a...> wrote:

> > Gentlemen,
> >
> > New HO Dalman two-level trucks will be available in two styles--
> with Barber Lateral Motion device detail and without. These trucks
> will be Celcon (similar to
> > Delrin) one piece moldings with snap-in brake shoe detail and
> metal .110" wheelsets. Bolster height will match NMRA's RP 23
> (5/16").

Ooooo, an outdated standard rears its ugly head again.

Brian, could I convince you to adopt the "Athearn standard" .295"
centerplate height that almost everyone in the industry other than Kadee
and MDC uses? Aside from the fact that it is easier for modelers to shim
low trucks than to lower high ones, the .295" is an exact scale reduction
of the AAR standard 25 3/5" centerplate height, while the 5/16" the NMRA
RP-23 specifies is an arbitrary dimension that was written back in the days
when modelers didn't own any measuring tools.

Perhaps it's not too late?

Welcome to the wonderful world of model railroad product design :-)

Dennis Storzek

Travel insurance usa Travel medical insurance Csa travel insurance