From: "Beckert, Shawn" <shawn.beckert@d...>
Sent: Nov 14, 2005 3:24 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] Plain Boxcars in Mail Service - 1945

List,

One of the latest images posted on the Los Angeles Public
Library web site shows ordinary boxcars being loaded with
Christmas mail on the Union Pacific in Los Angeles, headed
for the east coast. The picture is dated December 4, 1945:

http://jpg2.lapl.org/pics45/00057025.jpg

Obviously you couldn't get away with this on your layout in
everyday operations, but you could certainly do it during
the holidays, without getting nabbed by the Proto-Police...

Shawn Beckert

Yahoo! Groups Links