Re: Plain Boxcars in Mail Service - 1945

ljack70117@...

On Nov 15, 2005, at 6:44 AM, Bill McCoy wrote:

I wonder if passenger trains handling these cars on the rear got a
speed restriction.

Bill McCoy
Jax, FL

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Scott Pitzer <scottp459@e...> wrote:
Passenger trains operated with 110 pounds air pressure on the train line. That would have to be changed to 90 pounds for mixed train pressure. That would mean changing each car's air control valve. I do not remember the speed limit on mixed trains. At least that is the way the UPRR handled it in the 40's and 50's.
Thank you
Larry Jackman
ljack70117@adelphia.net
Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.