Re: Plain Boxcars in Mail Service - 1945

George Hollwedel <georgeloop1338@...>

5700-5749 were Express boxcars, same class as the Overnights cars but different number series

"Beckert, Shawn" <shawn.beckert@...> wrote: Mike Brock wrote:

The late Terry Metcalfe's UP Modeler, Vol 1, shows photos of
the consist of the UP Fast Mail in 1957 in Nebraska. Included
is SP 5713 box car fitted with steam lines in this case so one
might not consider it to be a "plain" box car.
I don't have a roster in front of me, but I think the 5700 series
were B-50-24's that were built for express and "Overnight" service.
Thus they would have had steam and signal hoses from the get go.

Shawn Beckert

Yahoo! Groups Links

George Hollwedel
Prototype N Scale Models