From: "skibbs4" <mmrace4@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:45 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Corn (was:Napierville Aftermath)

--- In STMFC@..., Gerard J Fitzgerald <gjf@m...> wrote:

The sighting of diesel era models, many of which won prizes, was
to me the most
inriguing apsect of the meeting. I know this website deals with a
specific time
period but I suppose the meeting is about "prototype modeling"
which is a bit
larger chronological category. I am still thinking about the corn
modeled on
the N-scale module that took a prize. Great stuff and not I think
(?) the brass
corn you can purchase from Bernie K.

Gerry

Dr. Gerard J. Fitzgerald
Department of Histpry and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Gerry-

The corn was cut from a natural straw broom and, as you suspected,
was not the etched variety. Here's the broom:
http://cgwrr.com/images/broom.jpg

I don't think Dave Hussey got a shot of it for his Naperville pbase
album, so here's an in progress shot:
http://cgwrr.com/images/Corn1.jpg

The material should work just as well in HO scale, if not better.

Mike Skibbe

Yahoo! Groups Links