From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On
Behalf Of wmcclark1980
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 8:18 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Grimey IC Yard Cars

Schuyler,

In a message to this group a few years ago (I couldn't find
it, but why should this time be any different than all the
other times I've tried to search the archives?) someone
mentions a module that was brought to a show, done all in
shades of grey, just like our b & w photos of the time.
Apparently it took a while before anyone figured out what was
"wrong" with it.

Walter M. Clark
Time stopped in November 1941 (all b & w although my layout
will be in wonderful living color) Riverside, California

--- In STMFC@..., "Schuyler Larrabee"
<schuyler.larrabee@v...> wrote:

That's what I like: Feeeeeelthy pictures!

It's actually hard to see that the photograph IS in color!

There is a school of thought that says the reason color photography
was developed so late is that
the world was in B&W until about 1930 or so, and this shows that it
didn't burst forth in full color
for quite some time . . .

Great photo for another reason, too, which is that I'm weathering
some cars just now, and can see
that I've been much too shy about dirtying them up.

SGL