Re: Tennessee Central Yard Art: Extant 7900 series 1937 AAR boxcar

William Keene <wakeene@...>

Peter,

I am driving up that way this afternoon. Can you provide a more
accurate location than just four blocks from the OWS? Using the shop as
the center point this would mean a 64 square-block search area.

Thanks,
-- Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Nov 26, 2005, at 7:47 AM, Peter J. McClosky wrote:

There is an old AT&SF ice reefer about 4 blocks from the Original
Whistle Stop, in Pasadena, CA.

It is off its trucks and being used as a storage shed.

Peter J. McClosky
----------

wrote:
> > This car supposedly came out of the Monterrey, TN area.  There
were
> a few
> > that floated around Crossville, TN (the home of Al Westerfield)
for
> a while
> > but no one knows what happened to them in the past 10 years.
>
> Just got this from James:
>
> "Burl and I made up to X-ville today to look for those other four TC
> boxcars.
>   Even after talking to C. Cook Wednesday and feeling like I had a
> pretty
> good idea where they were, we couldn't find them.  I am afraid they
> have
> went the way of the TC caboose up in KY..."
>
> Oh well.  At least we found one, we have been lucky recently in
> finding old boxcars in Tennessee with the amazingly intact L&N 1937
> AAR car we found this spring and the 32' foot steel NC&StL XM-32 the
> year before.
>
> Later today, I will post a larger photo of the TC boxcar in the
STMFC
> file overflow group.
>
> Garrett Rea
> Nashville, TN

Peter J. McClosky
Formerly of Los Angeles, CA
Now Living in Eugene, Oregon
http://home.earthlink.net/~pmcclosky
pmcclosky@...

Train travel
Freight car
Canada train travel
Train travel in italy
North american

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

▪  Visit your group "STMFC" on the web.

▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.