Re: Door handles

Mark Vinski

I've been replacing those with wire for about 40 years. I was very
disappointed to see that even Kadee molds them in place. Filing the
outer surface of the wire flat represents the prototype shape
better.
Mark Vinski -
-- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Andy Carlson <midcentury@s...> wrote:

Yes, Jim, this has been an area of wonderment to me,
also. Actually, using wire may not be that much of an
improvement to the molded on part because the real
handle is a stamped piece of metal (sort of like what
we found on the galvanized steel trashcans of yore),
and is totally NOT round in cross section.I have never
gone beyond just puzzlezing about it. What might
others suggest?
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

--- Jim and Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@v...>
wrote:

I was looking at a Sunshine boxcar door tonight and
wondering --
Why is everyone, or almost everyone, satisfied with
the molded handle on box
car doors? I've never noticed one trimmed off and
replaced with wire. For
some time I've modeled small handles on reefer
hatches. Why not door
handles? I'm going to give it a try.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon

Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make
Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9MtolB/TM