From: Miller, Andrew S. <asmiller@mitre.org>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:39:09 -0500
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: Accurail's Forthcoming 40' AAR Gondola

It's not often I agree with Tim, although his modeling work is
gorgeous. But I second his suggestion this time. Other than the
ancient technology Trains Miniature (now Walthers Trainline and not
currently available) car, no one that I can recall has ever done a 40'
plug door ice reefer. And I carved up quite a few of my stash of those
to make stand-in REA 50' express reefers in 1987. (Ref my article in
1987 MR). They were they pride and joy of my M&E trains until last
year when the real McCoys started to appear from Walthers and
Branchline.

regards,

Andy Miller