Re: AC&F Type 11 (was Cities Service tank car question)

Gatwood, Elden <Elden.Gatwood@...>

Rob;
That same fancy cast jacking pad is one item I pointed out in my clinic
(I noticed a LOT of napping, so I am not sure they were listening), but
I am not sure how it relates to each Type definitively. There is that
one with the "fins" on it, that appears to have been cast and then
incorporated into the underframe. I am also not sure about the issue of
poling pockets, and when these were changed, by date or type. Some
appear to have been cast, and then others stamped, but I have not seen
the cars in person to be able to tell.

The GATC cars are equally interesting, with multiple variations in
poling pocket/bolster end castings. I am sure Richard has all the facts
on these issues.

I hope you keep us informed on your project. One day it would make an
interesting project to collect all the photos of tank cars that folks
have built, and put together a modeling summary. I'd also like to see
all the tank cars that Richard has built!

Take care,

Elden