Re: Car Builders Cyclopedias

Tony Thompson

Dennis Storzek wrote:
Did Simonds-Boardman involvement go all the way back to the 1906 Car
Builder's Dictionary, and if it did, how does one go about searching
for a specific photo in the Merrilees collection?
No. The Railroad Gazette published the 1906 volume. I'm not sure what year Simmons-Boardman took over, but certainly by 1919. As for searching the Merrilees photos, what I have done is get a list of car numbers from the NAC collection, then match them up with Cyc or other sources. If there is some more sophisticated method, maybe someone can tell us what it is.

Publishers of books on railroad history