Re: Car Builders Cyclopedias

ljack70117@...

On Dec 6, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Bob Webber wrote:

Sorry, Tony, I was only going by what little I saw and assumed (with
all that that connotes). However, I wonder if the publisher or the
distributor would have the photos? It's all moot really, unless
there is someone can locate the earlier stash. As has been
indicated, the one that has the rest of the photos doesn't seem to go
back before S-B was considered the "real" publisher. SO, I wonder..

Where *ARE* the records for the MCB? Thrown out, passed on? We
know that a lot of AAR & ICC material is lost or in containers in
Denver. But, one would hope (unrealistically, perhaps) that the
original illustrations for the prior works before the S-B full
participation might be available. Then again, as Mr. Jackson
indicated, there was a library and storage are in Omaha for S-B. Is
that all lost too?
I did not say Omaha. I said Nebraska. I think S-B was in Lincoln but don't remember for sure.
Thank you
Larry Jackman
ljack70117@...
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them.