From: "Milepost 131" <mp131@comcast.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [STMFC] Small town oil distribution: cars/facilities/practices
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 19:05:26 -0500

I'm looking for photos/information on small town oil distributors and the
way this was handled with steam era tank cars.

Standard Oil seems to be one of the main companies.

Some questions:

Rivet patterns on the tank cars
Could they carry multiple products
Types of trucks and brakes
Railroad practices for placement of these cars
Length of time to unload a tank car
What a local distributor looked like

Lots of questions. Few answers.

Yeah I've search Model Railroader, Mainline etc.

I've seen whole "unit" trains during WWII but not detailed pictures or info.

Thanks.

Gordon Andrews

Yahoo! Groups Links

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft� SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN� Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.