Re: refrigerator car heaters/reefers

Roger Hinman <rhinman@...>

MDT owned a large quantity of heaters and since they serviced the BAR, it is quite likely their heaters were used

Roger Hinman

On Dec 11, 2005, at 9:28 AM, Tim Gilbert wrote:

Don Worthy wrote:

This is a part of railroading that I've never known anything about. Is
it possible to have a photo or a drawing of a heater posted. I'd love
to see one.
This, also, makes me wonder if the Boston & Maine used these
heaters. I believe that I'd heard that potatoes had to be heated
during shipping.
They may have been used on the B&M, but most of that road's potato
traffic originated on the Bangor & Aroostook (BAR).

Tim Gilbert

~-->
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9MtolB/TM