Re: UTLX Decals.

Bruce Smith

On Wed, December 14, 2005 4:53 pm, jamesfellows@... wrote:
Is the Tichy tnak with the large dome even close to anything? I have one
built that I would like to paint and letter.
Jim,

Well, it depends on what you mean "close". I'll admit that I built one
kit according to the instructions, painted it black, used Champ's UTLX
decals, and used it to test weathing methods. In all likelihood, it will
show up in my tank car trains for my fellow tank car fans to try to spot.
Of course, I'll only ask AFTER the train rolls by if they noticed anything
<VBG - the infamous Mike Brock boxcar test!>. If you pay attention to
tank car details it jumps out at you as being the oddball. Of course, as
I noted, the tank can be used for the USG-A car bash and the frame for a
NATX bash so those parts are "close", just to different cars!!!!

Regards
Bruce

Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL