Re: MDT reefers

Roger Hinman <rhinman@...>

I don't believe you are going to find any either; the heralds were reintroduced with the steel cars;
heralds had last been used back in the 1920s when everything was white.

Roger H.

On Dec 15, 2005, at 12:44 AM, Ron Morse wrote:

More than one road used MDT reefers. The white with stripes were used
by the NYC in both wood and steel. Other roads used the orange as
well.WhatI have NOT found are photos of the wood cars in orange with
the NYC hearld. I would like to see photos of them if they did exist,
along with the dates. I have a cut off date of 1950.
I think what may be overlooked here is that I am inquiring about NYC
MDT cars, not just MDT, that makes a diference.
Ron Morse
NYC O scale in Springfield,MO.

~-->
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9MtolB/TM