Re: [NYC-Railroad] MDT/NYC reefers

Roger Hinman <rhinman@...>

You're absolutely correct; this thread started with the wood cars and I had that thought.

I could start an entirely different thread on how long the steel cars lasted in white

Roger H.

On Dec 15, 2005, at 10:02 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Roger,

You have to be careful what you write. I'm sure you meant to say
you haven't seen a photo of a white WOODEN car newer than 1942 ?

Tim O.

The other piece that doesn't jive is per the ORER, any car that had
originally been painted
white had been scrapped, renumbered or given a different reporting
mark by the early fifties.
The latest dated photo I have seen of a white car is 1942
Roger H.

~-->
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9MtolB/TM