Re: Georgia RR rebuilt USRA Boxcar

Patrick Wider <pwider@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "Bruce Smith" <smithbf@a...> wrote:

Folks,

I'm in the middle of building the Tichy kit for the Georgia RR rebuilt
USRA boxcar (4032) and I have two questions. The best photo I know of
(http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/grr/ga-x2608ags.jpg) doesn't show the
answer to either :^(

First - what style brakes did this car have. The kit supplies an Ajax
power brake housing and wheel, however these cars were rebuilt before
WWII, so I wonder if they were rebuilt with this brake or with the
original vertical staff (horizontal wheel) which was then replaced.
They had Ajax power hand brakes. See the photo of GA 19522 that I just loaded to the
files section. Col. Chet McCoid photo on 4/29/52.

Pat Wider