From: "Richard Hendrickson" <rhendrickson@opendoor.com>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] model magazines

On Dec 21, 2005, at 12:18 PM, Garth Groff wrote:

OTOH, about the same time I wrote an article for one of the "National"
magazines (as it used to be unofficially called). They paid me promptly
for it, and then never ran the material or even incorporated my
research
into one of their columns. End of story, as far as submissions to the
"National" magazine go. Why waste my time?
That's an experience a number of us have had. The magazine in question
had a reputation for buying stuff to file away so their competitors
wouldn't get it. Occasionally, they would actually get around to using
it � often when the information had grown more or less obsolete. Then
when they did use it, they would re-write it extensively so that it
reflected their editorial "slant," which was often way out of synch
with the writer's intentions. Having the luxury of a large editing
staff is not necessarily a virtue.

Richard Hendrickson

Yahoo! Groups Links