Re: NYC COVERED HOPPERS

Jeff English

Lot 747-H, NYC 881200 - 881949, was built by DSI in 1946 only,
not '46-48. Several in-service photos are available from Bob's
Photos; I'm not aware of any others.

Jeff English
Troy, New York
home of Kate Mullaney, young organizer of the first American labor
union for women, which organized the shirtmaking companies in this,
the "Collar City". Mullaney's home is now a National Historic Site.

--- In STMFC@..., "ed_mines" <ed_mines@y...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@..., "Lynn Finch" <lmfin@c...> wrote:
Specifically the class LO 2-bay built by DSI in 1946-48 and
numbered
from 881200 to 881949.

If I'm not mistaken a photo and maybe plans for these cars
appeared in
the 1949 CBC (which I have but don't know where).

My recollection is that it's very similar to the classic NYC
covered
hopper with a slightly different roof with rectangular panels.

There's a hobby shop in Syracuse (Central Hobby Supply?) that
offered
resin kits for some of these NYC covered hoppers. They are now
offered
by F&C; the photo on their web site shows car 881200.

Ed