Re: model magazines

Tony Thompson

Marty McGuirk wrote:
One of the only negative comments I've ever heard about the
Gazette (and I admire Bob as a friend and modeler) is the way
the magazine ignores, or seems to ignore, even to the point of
denying it existed, Colorado narrow gauge. Maybe Bob figures
he covered a lot of Rio Grande in the early days of the magazine,
and doesn't have to now. Personally I'd rather see a detailed look
at Rio Grande rolling stock, or operations on Marshall Pass, than
another funky little 22" line that was used to deliver mud to a dam
site.
Ah, Marty, how soon they forget. The 30-part (or more) series on Clear Creek has escaped you entirely, and that was not exactly in the early years of NG&SLG. When has Hundman or anyone done something comparable? Actually, of course, Ted will get there eventually . . .

Publishers of books on railroad history