Re: model magazines

cvsne <mjmcguirk@...>

Tony,

Yes, I do remember well the "Up Clear Creek without a Paddle"
series -- I believe Harry Brunk called it quites after more than 100
installments -- if I'm not mistaken he went up -- and down-- the
line, and covered all the C&S;s freight cars -- more than once.

Marty McGuirk

--- In STMFC@..., Tony Thompson
<thompsonmarytony@s...> wrote:

Marty McGuirk wrote:
One of the only negative comments I've ever heard about the
Gazette (and I admire Bob as a friend and modeler) is the
way
the magazine ignores, or seems to ignore, even to the point
of
denying it existed, Colorado narrow gauge. Maybe Bob
figures
he covered a lot of Rio Grande in the early days of the
magazine,
and doesn't have to now. Personally I'd rather see a detailed
look
at Rio Grande rolling stock, or operations on Marshall Pass,
than
another funky little 22" line that was used to deliver mud to a
dam
site.
Ah, Marty, how soon they forget. The 30-part (or more) series
on
Clear Creek has escaped you entirely, and that was not exactly
in the
early years of NG&SLG. When has Hundman or anyone done
something
comparable? Actually, of course, Ted will get there eventually . .
.

2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705
www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@s...