Re: ADMIN: Magazines thread extended but not indefinitely

Tim O'Connor

Pat,

Here's some advice, but you're not gonna like it:

BROADEN YOUR APPEAL. Sure, you and Ed hate the 1960's and 1970's, but you
know what? There are a LOT of people who like this era and they are really
starved for information as good as what "steam era" modelers are used to.

How about a nice history of modern autoracks? 85 foot and larger piggyback
cars? Automobile parts box cars? Nice rosters, and builder photos? Modern
mechanical reefers? You get the idea. I'm pushing the outer edge of the
Brock envelope...

Tim O.

Hey Mike,

I was just asking what kind of freight car articles would these guys (and gals) like to see.
Ed and I are getting concerned about our sales of late and we'd like to know if we should
make some changes. Besides, I don't think we really qualify as a "magazine." Note: zero
advertising and infrequent publishing schedule.

Pat Wider