Re: model magazines and freight cars

James Eckman

From: GCRDS@...
---> One more observation, then I'm going to bed...it's been a long day...
***************I know that Model Railroader Bashing is practically the national sport here, but has it ever occurred to you that perhaps the reason it is so "bad" is simply the fact that you have advanced to the point where your paths are no longer the same?
That's true, having looked through every single decade of Model Railroader starting from #1, the balance of articles hasn't changed much, less scratchbuilding stuff, but then you don't have to make your own locos anymore if you don't want to. I've found that there is anywhere from 0-3 articles an issue that are good and most of the really old freight scratchbuilding stuff has been brought out in book form at one time or another so the photos and the plans are the only good bit for freight car modelling aspects. I would say for wood or paper construction, its pretty much been covered at one time or another! Except for maybe printing your own car sides...

Jim Eckman