Re: model magazines and freight cars

Spen Kellogg <spenkell@...>

Schuyler Larrabee wrote:

<>Hey, now there's an idea. With these new color printers, just take a
photo of the car in question,
photoshop it into orthogonal shape, print it out on card stock at the
right size, and glue it onto a
block of wood! Glue on some ends from one of the detail manufacturers,
screw on a coupla trucks,
and you're ready to go! Keep the lights in the right place, and the
shadows of the grabs and
ladders will look JUST right!
Already been done. I remember (but being a senior I can't remember where
or when) that someone took photos of a graffiti laden car and had
decals made of the complete car sides. The decals were then applied to
an undecorated car and the details added. Actually looked pretty good.

Regards, Spen Kellogg