Re: ADMIN: Magazines thread extended but not indefinitely

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Tim O'Connor writes:

BROADEN YOUR APPEAL. Sure, you and Ed hate the 1960's and 1970's, but you
know what? There are a LOT of people who like this era and they are really
starved for information as good as what "steam era" modelers are used to.
Perhaps.

How about a nice history of modern autoracks? 85 foot and larger piggyback
cars? Automobile parts box cars? Nice rosters, and builder photos? Modern
mechanical reefers? You get the idea. I'm pushing the outer edge of the
Brock envelope...
Well, since it's my envelope, I'll respond. If there's anything that would turn me away from such sources as the RPCyc it would be pollution of its content by expanding the period covered. The RP Cyc's business model is, of course, the business of the RP Cyc but there you have it. MM covers the time span from today to prior to the USRA period and such coverage probably doesn't satisfy the customers of either. In most cases, the buyer is purchasing half an issue. IMO.

Mike Brock