Re: model magazines and freight cars

Tim O'Connor

Pat, I agree about most ads in the magazines -- but I have hundreds
of photos references that are from advertisements, and they are often
the ONLY photo references I have for those prototype cars!

Tim O'Connor

Here's what I do - I search the old magazines for articles on freight cars that I think are
worth saving. BTW: many of those old articles are poorly researched, have drawings that
are riddled with errors, and their photo quality is marginal at best. I then throw away the
rest of the magazine. Why keep the ancient ads, the irrelevent editorials, and the articles
on building layouts on a 4x8-foot sheet of plywood???????

Pat Wider